Is there a way to turn off smart quotes in a Text block?
This setting is entirely controlled by macOS. You can adjust/enable it on the fly by going to:
- System Settings > Keyboard
- Find the “Text Input” block, and then click the Edit… button
There, you’ll see these set of actions, locate the part about Smart Quotes, and you can enable/disable it from there.
Let us know if this helps
Another way to do this is to:
- Insert a Text Element
- Start writing your text entry
- Before you start typing your Quotes, right-click on the text caret.
- Go to Substitutions > Untick Smart Quotes
- Start typing quotes for that text string.
Thanks @paulozoom for the headsup