sketch crashed before i can save my file and i don’t have a local back file to recover
is there anyway i can find this lost file
I’m truly sorry this is happening to you. I can only imagine how disheartened you are feeling facing the idea that you could lose your recent work.
Because of the offline capabilities of Sketch there might be a way to recover this information. I suggest the following:
- Quit Sketch
- Open Finder, go to menu bar “Go” → Go to Folder…” and paste this string: ~/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/CloudDocuments
- A window will pop up with a list of folders with alphanumeric names, sort by date and open the folders until you locate the local copy of the file you need
- Once you’ve located the file, copy and paste it to your Desktop
- Select the copy on your Desktop and press ⌘I (CMD+I) to display the file’s information window
- Locate the “Name and extension” section and change the extension from “.sketchcloud” to “.sketch”
- You’ll see a message asking you if you want to use .sketch, confirm that you’ll use .sketch
- Open the file with Sketch and check that your latest changes are there- It will open as a local file
We hope this method helps you retrieve your work. Please let us know if you’re successful.
Hello there @adarwish0 !
Apart from the path that @Cris_inSketchMode sent you a while ago, and since you mentioned that the file was not saved yet, I would also recommend you check this location:
Also, if you have the macOS autosave feature on, you can check this other path:
I hope you are able to find a copy in any of these folders!