Every screen is magenta!

Using sketch with abstract. and abstract has corrupted every file and are whole team is blocked right now!

Hello Jonathan :wave:,

First and foremost, welcome to our community! We’re genuinely sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues, especially as this marks your first post. Rest assured, we are here to help you.

It sounds like you’re encountering problems with documents previously managed in Abstract. To address this, we suggest exploring a couple of avenues to recover your files:

If Your Document Was Used in a Workspace

Sketch’s offline capabilities might offer a solution to recover workspace documents through temporary cache files. Here’s how you can attempt to retrieve them:

1. Quit Sketch to ensure all processes are stopped.
  2. Open Finder and navigate to Go > Go to Folder
 in the menu bar. Enter the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/CloudDocuments
  3. Sort the displayed folders by date and browse through them to locate a local copy of your document.
  4. Copy the found file to your Desktop for easier access.
  5. On your Desktop, select the copied file and press ⌘I (CMD+I) to open the information window. Change the file extension in the “Name and extension” section from .sketchcloud to .sketch.
  6. Confirm the change when prompted, to use the .sketch extension.
  7. Open the file with Sketch to verify if your latest changes are present.

If Your Document Was Not a Workspace Document

macOS may have saved a version of your file. To check:

1. Open Finder, go to Go > Go to Folder
 and enter: ~/Library/Autosave Information

Additional Steps

If the above methods do not resolve the issue, further investigation may be necessary. We kindly request that you:

• Provide a Sample File: Share with us a sample file or any relevant details that could help us diagnose the problem more accurately.
  • Email Us for Privacy: Considering the sensitivity of your information, please email the details to productsupport@sketch.com to ensure your data remains confidential.

Thank you for being part of our community, and we look forward to assisting you further. :pray::rocket:

1 Like

Thank you Cris!
The update didn’t install in the application folder so I had 2 sketch versions running. I moved it to the application folder and it found the files.

2 Likes

This is great news! Glad to hear you were able to resolve this. :pray::rocket:

1 Like