Sketch cannot install plugins

Hey folks!

I’ve just started using Sketch for a project I’m working on. When trying to install any plugin at all I get the following message: ‘Sketch cannot open files in the “com.bohemiancoding.sketch.plugin.bundle" format.’

I’ve tried creating the Plugins folder manually and putting the .sketchplugin files there, but no luck. I’ve tested the Cluse and Runner plugins

I’m on MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1, Sketch version 99.5

Hello @ioxua :wave:

The error message you received is related to the fact that you’re attempting to install a plugin using a Sketch version downloaded from the Mac App Store.

When Sketch became available for download on the Mac App Store, we had to make some adjustments to the software to comply with the App Store Guidelines. As a result, some features, such as the use of third-party plugins, were restricted. This leads to the error message you received.

To overcome this issue, you can download a Sketch version directly from our website: https://www.sketch.com/releases/mac/. Any version downloaded from this website is free from Apple’s App Store Guidelines, so you won’t face any issues while installing plugins.

Give it a try and let us know if works for you.

Cheers :pray: