Recent Documents from Sketch Cloud don't have preview images

The dialog to open one of the recent documents does not show previews or names for sketch cloud files (local files do). I already restarted my Mac (MB Pro M1, macO 14.1.1) because I thought it might be some cache that can be cleared, but that didn’t help.

Anyone else having this problem?

Hey @fab1An :wave:

Thanks for reporting this. I ran a couple of tests on my side and did not encounter the same issue as you.

Now let me focus on something you mentioned in your post:

The dialog to open one of the recent documents does not show previews or names for sketch cloud files (local files do)

This suggests the issue may be with the connection between the Mac and web app workspaces, since the only affected documents are Workspace documents.

With this in mind, I will recommend:

• Refresh the session between the Mac app and the Web app

• On your Mac > Open Sketch > Top menu bar, go to Sketch > Settings > Account Tab > Sign out.

• Quit Sketch > Reopen Sketch and login

See if that helps!

Cheers :pray:

Thank you for your fast response. Sadly, this did not have any visible effect.

I forgot to log out and back in the first time.
After I logged out the second time, Sketch just quit. :flushed:

I relaunched it, logged in, but the cloud documents still don’t show up in the Recent Documents window.

Okay, let’s try one more thing to see if it helps. Please follow the steps below:

1. Quit the Sketch app.
  2. Go to Finder.
  3. Click on the “Go” menu in the top bar.
  4. Select the “Go to Folder” option.
  5. Paste this path: ~/Library/Caches
  6. Search for the folder named “com.bohemiancoding.sketch3”.
  7. Move it to the bin.
  8. Relaunch Sketch.

This will clear the temporary caches of the app from your Mac and generate a new clean file. Please let me know if this works.

If the issue persists, we might be dealing with something more complex that requires further investigation. In that case, we may need you to provide us with private information such as the email address you use as your Sketch account. However, we do not recommend sharing that information on a public forum due to privacy reasons. Instead, you can send us an email at productsupport@sketch.com to investigate further.

1 Like

This did not work either. I will write an email :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :bowing_woman: