Change add comment shortcut to C

I think Sketch should use C for new comments instead of N. I keep on using C as it is more logical but currently it opens components picker. Not sure if others have similar issue but I don’t see a reason why not to do this change. Components picker can be something a bit more substantial than just one letter as it is a relatively significant action. What do you think?

Hey there. :wave:
If you want to change any keyboard shortcuts in Sketch from what they are currently set to, you can do so following the instructions here: https://www.sketch.com/docs/shortcuts/#creating-custom-shortcuts
Let me know if you need any help on this. :pray:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I already know that I can change, it was more to consider that C might be more appropriate default for comments than N.

1 Like

We didn’t want to break people’s muscle memory as C has existed for a while and many people use it frequently on a daily basis.

Makes sense. I used it a lot too but I still make mistakes when I want to comment. There is something about that C for commenting that sticks. :smiley:

Agreed, if we had the chance to do it again from the start, I’ll probably do it differently. That’s the difficult aspect of working on something with a large existing user base, sometimes we have to compromise out of not wanting to disrupt the habits that people have built over so many years.

1 Like