Hey everyone I’m back again sharing another beta, but this time it’s for our mobile app: Sketch — View & Mirror.
This is the first time we’ve run a public beta for this app, and here’s why:
You can now browse your Workspace, view documents, and play prototypes on your iPad! Better still, viewing documents on your iPad gives you a beautiful full Canvas view, giving you even more context and exposing all those little details that didn’t quite make it onto an Artboard.
Along with iPad support, this update includes a bunch of other useful improvements:
- Open documents offline — No signal? No problem. If you’ve previously opened a Workspace document and suddenly find yourself without an internet connection, you can now re-open and browse that document (without mirroring or live updates), and play its prototypes.
- Open local documents — Along with offline support for previously opened Workspace documents, you can also open documents that live outside of your Workspace (in the Files app, or on a third-party service like Dropbox or Google Drive). You’ll also see document thumbnails and QuickLook previews in the Files app.
- Handoff support — With a document open on your Mac, you can quickly open it on your iPhone or iPad via Apple’s Handoff feature. Likewise, if you’re viewing a document on your iPhone or iPad, clicking the app icon in your Mac’s doc will quickly open it for editing.
- Workspace search — Quickly find the right file by searching within your Workspace.
- Collections — Browse Collections of documents inside Projects, which we introduced in our latest update to the Mac and web apps.
- Auto-refresh — When you’re in a Workspace view, you’ll see instantly when someone moves, deletes, restores, or creates a document elsewhere.
- …and of course, we’ve taken the time to fix a few bugs along the way.
We’d love you to test out this update (on your iPhone or iPad — or both!) and share your feedback. The easiest way to do that is to take a screenshot and follow the on-screen prompts to send us it via TestFlight. You can also open the TestFlight app and choose “Send Beta feedback”.
To get set up, you’ll need to download Apple’s TestFlight app to your device and sign in with your Apple ID. After that, follow this link to get set up with our beta: https://testflight.apple.com/join/dw2feMH8
You’ll need an active Sketch subscription to use this app, and you’ll need to sign in with your Sketch account details. Although once you are signed in, you can take full advantage of the local file support I mentioned above.
For those of you who’ve been around long enough, you might remember our previous Sketch Mirror app that allowed you to mirror designs you were working on from your Mac to your iPhone. Well, this is the new and improved Mirror — rebuilt from the ground up to take full advantage of Workspaces.
You can already find it on the App Store, if you’d like to try a non-beta version, but naturally, we’d like your feedback on this one.
Thanks so much for your continued support and feedback, we hope you enjoy what we’re working on!