What is your desktop artboard choice?

Hey everyone, I have been using the Medium Artboard forever (1440 wide) and was thinking its time to revisit this choice.
Are you still using the 1440 or have you changed to the 1600 wide or even the 1920 wide ?

2 Likes

I use 1920 px width most of the time. This mostly with 12 columns with a total width of 1248 px. Occasionally I also use 12 columns with a total width of 1632 px.

2 Likes

For me, this depends on your user base, in general most users still have displays smaller than 1920px (source: Desktop Screen Resolution Stats Worldwide | Statcounter Global Stats). But if you know your userbase is most likely to have large displays (let’s say, you’re creating a product for designers, or developers, or gamers), you can use a large screen size more confidently. I personally use 1440 when I can’t segment my userbase.

2 Likes

Thanks Christian and Camila. Interesting answers. I just wanted to sense check as I have a 27 inch 5k iMac and always have two browser windows open side-by-side at 1280 each and more and more often I am finding sites and web based tools don’t fit my 1280 window!

1 Like