Sketch 99.5: Symbols won't stick to new sizes 🤨📏

Hey there! In the new Sketch 99.5 version, I’ve noticed a little hiccup. When I switch Symbols, it’s not keeping the new size I set—it keeps reverting to the default dimensions in the symbols. This wasn’t a problem in the past, and now it’s becoming a bit frustrating for me :sweat_smile:, especially having to resize every time I switch, like when resizing an icon, for instance.

Check out the video below for a quick peek at what I mean. Any ideas on how to tackle this? Thanks a bunch! :art::sparkles:

1 Like

Try this

BTW: it would be a nice property for the symbol (to be pre-defined the behavior when swapping)

1 Like

Hey there! Thanks a bunch for getting back to me so quickly! I tried checking that option, but no luck. Is it working fine in your version 99.5?

Yes it is.

Hey @damiandmowski :wave:

Thanks a ton for raising this, we are already aware of this issue and are currently investigating it.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you, please rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as we have an update! :pray:

EDIT: This issue only affects scaled Symbols, it will not occur on Symbols of different sizes!

Thanks!

4 Likes

Super grateful for your lightning-fast reaction! :zap: :gem:

1 Like

Have this issue too. Also, Tidy does some weird things now, especially with text fields.

Would you mind sharing that behaviour with us via productsupport@sketch.com? We’d like to check it out!

@raulrincon I’m not sure if this is an issue or a new behavior, but I think it worked differently and more logically before. For example, I have a few text boxes that are left aligned but when I try to Tidy them they are always getting centered. In this case I would expect Tidy to recognize elements are left aligned and that it is more likely I want them tidied just vertically. Attached is the video.

Edit: I sent the issue to Sketch Support as well.

2 Likes

I’m seeing this too

I feel the same. I documented some of that frustration and possible solutions here. New Mac beta: v99.5 available now - #3 by joe

1 Like

Hey Sketch Team, is there any update coming soon to get this fixed? I’m suffering from this, as my company has a well established design system and iconography. This bug causes me more effort every time creating a new screen with the existing components.

Somehow, to add on, with the same components, when doing on two Sketch files, one of them works well, while the other one has the scale issue.

Hey there! Right now, I’m using the older version 99.1, and you can grab it from this link. - Download the latest Sketch software updates · Sketch

1 Like

Hey @JACKETZK :wave:

This issue is currently being worked on, we are hoping to fix it soon! As soon as we have an update, we will reach out for sure!

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you and your team :pray:

Thanks,

2 Likes

Thank you @damiandmowski :+1: