Share link to Prototype NOT Document

I want to share a public link to a prototype but NOT to the whole document that the prototype is a part of.
I’m able to share a public link with “Show Toolbar and Navigation” off. But all it does is add “?fullscreen=true” at the end of the URL. And it requires me to make the whole document public. And I don’t feel comfortable doing this.

Am I missing something? Any workaround?

Hey there Tse, welcome to the Forum!

Great to see you here and thanks for mentioning this.

A link that hides the toolbar/nav with URL parameters helps to share just the prototype, but I understand your concern.

This method may not be ideal every time, but you can also restrict permissions on public documents. You can turn off Inspect/Download and Commenting, so people can only view thhe prototype and if they find their way to the artboards, it would basically be what they’ve already seen on the prototype: no Inspector, no file download, no commenting.

Prototypes are bundled with Sketch documents, and so, permissions affect both parts. The involved team is aware that there’s interest in being able to share at a more granular level, however, we don’t have yet an estimated time for working on this.

Yeah, that means I have to create a new file for each prototype… Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply.

1 Like