Problems with client presentation and prototypes

I’ve been using Sketch for a long time but I’ve mainly used InVision for prototyping. Since Invision is no more after 2024 I thought I’d better start using sketch own prototyping tool. But we are not really getting along, yet. I don’t really like the way my prototypes are presented to the client. What I like(d) with Invision was that the client most times believed that they where looking at the actual website, perfectly fit to their browser etc etc. It looked more real. Am I missing something or am I stuck with the square in the middle of the screen? I also don’t see a play button on the shared art board as I do in my application… Am I missing something here as well? I’m not totally convinced, but I want to be. :slight_smile: Please help me!

Hey @JoelA :wave: ,

Thank you for posting this and welcome to this forum!

I understand the challenges you’re facing with Sketch’s prototyping tool, especially after being accustomed to the features offered by InVision. While there might be differences in functionality between the two platforms, I want to assure you that Sketch provides robust capabilities for creating compelling prototypes.

I’m excited to inform you that we’ve recently launched a beta version that introduces new features to enhance the prototyping experience. I highly recommend giving this version a try and sharing your feedback with us.

As you transition from InVision to Sketch, there might be a learning curve, but rest assured, we’re here to support you every step of the way. I encourage you to explore the various resources we offer to facilitate this transition. One valuable resource is booking a call with our Design Advocate, Jaime, who can provide personalized guidance on how Sketch can adapt to your workflow.

Here’s a list of resources:

If there is a specific situation that you would like us to look into, please feel free to share all the necessary details with us so we can investigate the matter further. If you prefer to keep the information confidential and away from the public forum, you can send us an email to productsupport@sketch.com.

We hope this helps :crossed_fingers:

Cheers :pray: :rocket:

I have no problem working in sketch with the prototyping tool. I actually think its pretty easy to work with. The main problem is that I don’t get the feel for the website design as I did in InVision, presenting it inside a square. It looks good and I understand that its ideal for app prototypes but not as good as i thought InVision worked. I also cant see the play button when sharing the art board for some reason so I don’t understand how the client could find that if they click to view all the artboards.

Hey @JoelA :wave: ,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I totally understand where you’re coming from. We’ve been hearing similar feedback about the prototype presentation, and it’s something we’re actively discussing with our team to make improvements. Your input here is super valuable, so thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Regarding the play button issue, you can access prototypes in the Web by clicking on the Prototypes page or thumbnails on the main document view. The play button will be available on every artboard that’s set as a Starting point in your document. I whipped up a quick video to walk you through the steps

CleanShot 2024-03-15 at 15.25.57

Give it a try, and let me know if it does the trick for you. And of course, if you’ve got any other questions or need further assistance, just give me a shout.

Cheers :pray:

3 Likes

I really appreciate it! Thank you so much!