Save Custom Artboard Size

I’m running version 97.2 and I want to save my custom artboard sizes and column layouts. I know you can do this within a document, but I want it to be an option when I open a brand new sketch file and go to add a new artboard. I could have sworn this was possible in earlier versions, but my artboards seem to have disappeared in recent updates.

Does anyone know how to do this?

1 Like

Hey there!

It is very much possible to do this still. A while ago we transformed Artboards into their own type of Component. This was to make it easier for Design Systems to have their own set of screens ready to use whenever they enable the Library where all their assets and Components live.

Now, to define a new Artboard Template:

• Create the Artboard on the Canvas
  • Make sure to verify the dimensions of the Artboard
  • Using the Inspector, mark it as a Template
  • Done!

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 10.05.04 AM

If you save, and mark the Artboard as a Template on your Library, as soon as you enable that Library in the Sketch > Preferences > Libraries window, you’ll be able to place it anywhere you like.

We have also moved the Artboard Templates that came pre-shipped with the Mac app to their own Libraries so it’s easier to update them in the future with newer device screens sizes. You can get them here:

Let us know if this helps! :pray: