It would be nice to see a new type of group (Frame???) Which could have the following properties:
- Has its own size and radius of corners, which does not depend on the elements within the group.
- You could hide elements that protrude from the borders without hiding the styles (like shadows) you applied to the group itself.
- Can apply all styles. Such as fills, borders, shadows, etc…
- Nested elements had coordinates not from the Artboard, but from this group.
groups could be used to set backgrounds, border-radius and the non plus ultra would be adding a padding
- 1 for this. A must-have feature for a rapid web/app design workflow.
We need the “Frame” concept in Sketch. A group of sorts that’s able to get its own layer styles, at least a background and radius with options to clip contents.
Padding indeed would be a game-changer.
Hey folks, thanks for sharing.
This is on our radar and we’re discussing it internally. We’ll keep the community posted once we know more!