What are the repetitive, tedious tasks you find when using Sketch?

We’re looking into solutions for some of the tedious, repetitive tasks and we’d like to know your opinion on which are those tasks for you.

When using Sketch….what tasks become too repetitive, tedious, boring or annoying either when you start the project or at a certain point down the line. Let us know!

5 Likes

Nice question @jaime :bowing_man: although I don’t mind repetitive work, sometimes it can become quite tedious to create assets to add to design tickets or documentation. I usually just have a template for it but sometimes if I’m in a rush I need to make it somewhat faster.

Updating icons or states on symbols is something that also feels repetitive and sometimes a little tedious but with a nice soundtrack :headphones: I just can swift through it – similar to updating or adding copy in a bunch of different places in the design.

Looking forward to read other people’s replies :eyeglasses:

1 Like

Hey, here are s couple of things that I I sometimes find a bit repetitive or struggle with. It’d be amazing if Sketch can take care of it :rocket:

Tidying up my symbols page
When I start working, I make the most progress by creating fast, comparing and evolving an idea. When doing this, I don’t pay attention to my symbols page and by the time I’m done, it’s like a jungle :grimacing:

If Sketch could help me sort out where to put Symbol source artboards in a way that makes sense, like grouping by size or by path (for example base/containers) It would be amazing.

There are masters at this craft like @ramses who showed me the benefits of having an ordered symbols page :pray:

Making typos when creating symbol groups
Groups are case sensitive, and sometimes I miss a capital letter so I end up with a duplicate group. For example:

• Icons/Basic/Edit
  • Icons/basic/Edit
1 Like

If Sketch could help me sort out where to put Symbol source artboards in a way that makes sense, like grouping by size or by path (for example base/containers ) It would be amazing.

Something smart done about this could be really useful! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

For me it has always been that the online collaboration features are not made available separately from the desktop app. If I chose to join or quit an online feature that shouldn’t effect using the files on the desktop (obviously!) I would make that process much easier.

Creating and managing text styles has always been a nightmare. For years, we were forced to create a text style for every alignment, shade, color, and other text option? Please take a look at Figma on how it should work.

5 Likes

Recolouring symbols. Symbol overrides are great but selecting multiple symbols with slightly different colours combos yet they all share one identical colour the option to override breaks. So I then need to manually click in each symbols one at a time to change the colour they share.

2 Likes

Changing colors for a group of elements. In Figma I can select the group and change the colors from the sidebar in one go; in Sketch I have to manually click each element, change the color in the sidebar, and then click the next element I want to change the color of.

Sketch has this feature for recoloring symbols. I’d like to see it for groups and selections of multiple elements.

2 Likes

Agreed here!

This is by far the biggest issue I have, I basically want the “selected colours” feature from Figma.

Just lifted wholesale.