Text styles, layer styles and color variables missing

A nice feature of v100 was the Design Token export. I saved my current project to the workspace and went in to check it out, but it’s not there. There are no text styles, layer styles and color variables if I go to components and check the respective tabs for them there, even though we have them and are using them in our sketch documents in the app. I double checked, and for example for our colors it shows “Detach Variable” for each of them, so there are variables.

Is there something I’m missing? Do I have to turn something on when saving to the workspace in order for them and the design token export to be available in the workspace?

Mac, Sonoma 14.4.1, Sketch v100.

Hello @Erik

Thanks for your report and welcome to this forum!

Here’s what I need you to do:

1. Open the affected document using the web app.
  2. Navigate to the pages option on the top menu bar.
  3. Click on “components” from the dropdown menu.

You should see a screen loading and after a few seconds, you should see your components. When you go back to pages you should now have the components view on the menu on the right side.

Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers :pray:

1 Like

Thank you Cris. The symbols are there just fine, but not the Color Variables, Text and Layer Styles. Hence the Export Design Tokens option is not showing.

Since we are using Color Variables, Text and Layer Styles in our documents, these should show up, but they are empty in the web app.

(I would put more screenshots in here, but the forum does not allow new users more than one).

Thank you,
Erik