I understand that this plugin requieres Sketch Runner witch it doesn’t work anymore. Is any workaround to find instances of a Symbol?
I’ve opened a pull request to make Symbol Instance Locator plugin compatible with the latest Sketch a few months ago – Sketch 98 compatibility by rodionovd · Pull Request #38 · sonburn/symbol-instance-locator · GitHub. Not sure about the Sketch Runner dependency, but feel free to give it a try.
Even though these might not work the same as Symbol Instance Locator, I want to share two alternatives:
With the Automate > Symbol > Select all Instances of Symbol you can quickly have Sketch select all the Symbol instances (of the one you have currently selected) on the Page. It also gives you a Page drop-down in case you want to do the same in another page (when selecting a Symbol from a different page!)
- You can download Automate Sketch here.
- Select the Symbol you want to locate on the Canvas
- Do Automate > Symbol > Select All Instances of Symbol
This will Zoom into the are where the plugin found the Symbols.
Very much like Automate, you can select a Symbol Instance and using Select Similar Layers have the plugin select all the Instances of it on the current page!
- Download Select Similar Layers here.
- Select the Instance of the Symbol you want to locate
- Plugins > Select Similar Layers > Pick between Page, Artboard, Group > Symbol