There are no rights, and mostly no wrongs, in the design world. When it comes to achieving your goal, there’s an unlimited amount of possibilities!
something specific you've always had trouble doing? Or, have you come up The
Best Way to overcome a design challenge? Let’s talk about it and help each other!
If you want, you can also request from us (The Sketch Team™️) how to achieve a specific thing. We can’t make any promises, but we know (for a fact!) that some of our Content Designers (and many others from Sketch) check the forum regularly maybe they’d also like to chime in!
Did you know you can use Color Variables in Gradients? Using the Find and Replace Color functionality you can:
- Choose a color within your gradient
- Replace this color, with a Color Variable defined on this Document or Library
- The gradient will react to any changes you make to the Color Variable as well!
- Make sure you have defined the Variables you’d like to use
- Note the colors you are currently using on the gradient. This will make it easier to pick and swap!
- Select the shape/Element with the Gradient you want to apply the Color Variables to.
- Go to Edit > Find and Replace Color (⌥⌘F / Option-Command-F)
- Find use this option select one of the colors you are using on your Gradient.
- Replace with using the Color Variables Icon, pick the color you would like to replace the previously chosen color with.
- Now, repeat the same steps for any other color on your gradient.
Here’s a quick video of this procedure in action. Let us know if it helps, and we cannot wait for you to share your tips!
Let the games…begin!