I’m struggling with a problem and would love some advice from you on how to solve it.
Currently we have two libraries:
- Web - which is also kind of core library ( colors, shadows, typography, web components and… icons)
- Mobile - Android apps components
Unfortunately the decision that was made before to include the icons in the Web library is not optimal and I would love to move all of them to separate library, but I don’t know how to process with this task so all the projects that refer to these icons will be still connected even when we move them to new library.
Thank you for all the suggestions.
Hey, even though this process might not feel easy at first, in reality is very simple, it just takes a couple of steps to get done!
- Make a duplicate of the Library where you have your Icons. Give it a unique name so you’re able to tell it apart.
- Make sure to delete any other Components other than the Icons from this Library.
- Upload this Library to the Workspace, and make sure it is enabled on Sketch (via Settings > Libraries).
- Using Automate Sketch, you can replace the icons on your designs with the new Library.
- With the Document where you want to replace the Icons (from the Old Library to the New one)
- In the menubar: Plugins > Automate Sketch > Library > Replace Library
- In the window, select what you’d like to replace (in this case Symbols)
- Select the Library you would like to replace.
- Lastly, select the Library you would like to replace it with.
This is basically an overview of all the steps needed to get this working, but if you have more questions or need more assistance with this, we’re always glad to help over at firstname.lastname@example.org