Freelance community

I am having a hard time finding UI designers willing and able to work with Sketch. I have been mansplained and womansplained why UI is not done there anymore on most freelance networks. So maybe it’s time for Sketch to set up a two-way freelancer forum with some portfolio connection, Where people with skills can offer their services and people with projects can create wanted help opportunities.

I am on the want help side at the moments

Hello @AnGN

If you are looking for a freelance designer (that works in Sketch), then I am hear to help. I agree with you, it’s frustrating that more and more designers are jumping on the Figma train or away from Sketch.

I hope we will see some future updates in Sketch that will bring designers back. Otherwise the switch is upon us.

If you want to add me to your book of business then please feel free to email me here - jeff@supji.com

Thank you,
_Jeff

Hi @AnGN

Thanks for sharing. We’d love to make it easier for Sketch designers and clients to connect. It’s something we’ve considered facilitating, and I hope we can implement it someday. In the meantime, we have the forum, which we could use to facilitate connections in some way. Do you think that would be helpful? And if so, what could we include? (We are somewhat limited by what Discourse has to offer).

I’m also curious what others here on the forum think, so feel free to engage!

1 Like

Hi,
If you are still on the lookout to hire someone, I would be glad to help you out as I am an experienced designer well versed with Sketch
You can reach out to me on my email here
Colin

Ok, I simply am sick to the teeth of UI designers telling me Sketch is the worst and way worse than Figma and how it will save costs if you use Figma from a developer perspective!

It is time that the owners of Sketch invested money in marketing the platform and pointing out the benefits because as a business owner looker for people to work with it isn’t funny to be ‘mansplained’ each and every time. When I would need to go legal to keep my work on figma.

Seriously @sketch you are missing a range of tricks here

2 Likes

Hello @AnGN ,

Thank you for your amazing support and feedback. We hear you, we’ve seen quite a few misconceptions about Sketch out there and we launched recently this campaign to help set things clear:

I’ve taken note of these two insights: Developer tools and document ownership. Thanks so much for sharing them. I wanted to ask if you’ve heard any other specifics about why they prefer to use Figma. Maybe it’s something we already have.

I’ll share this with the team and see how can we redouble our efforts for spreading the word about our offer and of course, please feel free to share any other feedback you have about Sketch.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hey, thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback.

I’m curious to hear what you think should change, or specific tricks you think we might be missing?

At Sketch we think there’s a fine balance to being feature vs benefit led. Benefit led done in the wrong way can sometimes feel like a hard sell with all those promises :sweat_smile:. Better in some cases to let people experience them themselves (show and not tell).

But open to suggestion here…

Hi Carly,

I think both Adobe XD and Figma are claiming the market share you should have. Figma is not user friendly when you are an owner running a design agency. This is far superior on Sketch. Sketch has obviously a community but of quiet users unlike the rather loud mansplainers going on about Figma. I am not suggesting that you should make wild claims, but currently the others are basically badmouthing this product all of the time, you should be responding and possibly linking up with major design agencies to elicit why they use Sketch over the other tools.
Build a community of influencers, users promoters and let them do the talking and selling of the benefits.
Anyway it bugs me as a user that this is constant.

Thanks for at least hearing me out.
An

1 Like

Hi Jorge,

Here are some of the other items I have been mansplained:

• List item

Quality of design is better/easier in Figma.
Sketch is only for icons
Your developer will save 30% of time when using Figma
Your designer will save time in Figma
Designers prefer Figma (I actually had one guy tell me 'haven’t you hear that Figma is the world leading tool all designer worth their salt know that, when I bucked with I studied UI and sketch)
More integrations on Figma/Adobe
More design flexibility in Figma

So far I haven’t had many XD fans telling me what Figma users are spouting at me and a ridiculous pace. My main guess is that the majority of Figma aficionados are non-Mac users.

Anyway, thank you for listening to clients.

1 Like

The thanks is on you for speaking up and reaching out to help us. We appreciate it An.

Hi @AnGN

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I’ve seen many times that there’s a lot of hype behind a tool and people flock to it without questioning why. I see some opinions, which all of us have our own and some wild claims there too.

For example “Designers prefer Figma” well, we’re designers and we prefer Sketch! :sunglasses:

Thank you so much once more for your amazing support! Sorry to hear that you’ve had to put up with constant mansplaining and don’t hesitate to let us know if we can help in any way.

Cheers!