Unable to choose a text style

It seems pretty difficult to select a right text style from the popup list. Please, check video below:

P.S. Version 99.1 (178462)

Hi @shokuroff :wave:,

Thank you so much for this post. We are happy to have you join our community as a first-time contributor. I will do my best to help you here.

I watched your video and it seems the overlapping of the menus is causing a strange UI. We know that the size of your window screen determines the menus’ behavior, but I’m curious to know if this issue occurs with other versions of Sketch.

Since you are using version 99.1, can you download the latest available version from our website Download the latest Sketch software updates · Sketch and check if the same issue happens?

I look forward to your update.

Cheers :pray:

Thank you for your reply, @Cris!

I updated Sketch yesterday but this strange behavior is still on my screen, unfortunately. As a software developer for iOS and iPadOS, I assume, this Context Menu calculated my window size but does it odd sometimes.

As a suggestion, I can humbly recommend you to consider an additional way to work with library, as it’s implemented in Apple’s Xcode IDE like in my screenshot below:

This window at the screenshot is a Library popup window that appears each time by simply pressing ⇧ + ⌘ + L. And the magic here is a simple navigation, fast search and it’s just easy to use instead of a long journey by clicking context menus to jump to the right text style, for example, as it’s right now in Sketch.

I believe this approach would be much more efficient, especially if we have a big library hierarchy like folders inside folders, etc.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Ivan.

1 Like

Hi @shokuroff

I’m sorry for the delayed response. I missed the notification. :cry:

Your feedback is incredible! Thank you so much for taking the time to think of a solution.

I will definitely share it with our team to see if we can come up with something that will improve the overall experience.

I will let you know as soon as we come up with something.

Cheers and thanks for helping us! :pray: