Corner radius when resizing symbols

Hello! I think I remember being able to set a large amount of corner radius for symbol backgrounds so that they stay fully rounded even when resized but lately that doesn’t seem to be possible. Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a way to achieve this behavior?

Check the example below →

Sketch will always limit the corner-radius of a shape to the maximum currently possible, based on the current dimensions of that shape.
That is to say, if you have a rectangle that is 50px tall, then your corners can only be a maximum of 25px (otherwise they would overlap with each other).
When you drag on a resize handle to make your rectangle taller, that previous setting of 25px will remain as it was before.

However, there are two ways to increase the corner-radius as you enlarge your layer.
The first is to Scale the layer, rather than simply resize it.

The second is a bit more hidden, and still has some limits applied, so it might not work in all circumstances, and it is to edit the corners in “shape editing” mode.

4 Likes

Thans for the help! First solution doesn’t work in the case of symbol shapes as I don’t need to scale symbol, but change its size vertically. However, second solution works even though it only allows up to 100px value. Thanks!

1 Like