Paste to replace

Just an addition to the copy, paste, paste over and duplicate actions. Be able to replace a group or a layer with your copy.

I’ve seen this in Automate plugin, still would like to have the option in the default dropdown on secondary click.

I totally agree, we just haven’t gotten around to it :smiley:

2 Likes

This could already be a hidden shortcut, but I am unsure. Would be a nice addition alongside Paste Over

Yes that would be it. Essentially replacing the selected object with whatever you have on your clipboard! May need some more thought for if it is pasted into a smart layout, but I think it would help a lot!

Thanks

Merged 2 similar topics :point_up:

Please, please, please. Both Figma and Axure have this. It’s a godsend

1 Like

Hurry up with this function. Such a basic conventional function is not supported.
It is impossible for the plug-in author to adapt to it every time.

Another upvote, aaaaaaand: If this is implemented, please make sure it works for a selection of elements, too (as in replace every element of my current selection)! The Automate Plugin had this functionality but one of the recent updates must have messed it up. It used to be such a timesaver when working on identically structured artboards.
You could even use it to add elements to multiple artboards simultaneously: Just duplicate a selection of layers, paste and replace, tadaaaaa! Just saved myself a godzillian mouseclicks.

1 Like